Please inform us of any health problems, medications, need for antibiotics to cover a heart condition or if you may be pregnant.
Most patients require about three days of recovery following surgery for wisdom teeth (third molars) or complicated extractions.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GENERAL ANESTHESIA (ASLEEP) PATIENTS:
1) A responsible adult must accompany you the day of surgery. They should drive you to and from our office. We will give them instructions for your care after surgery. We recommend that someone stay with you for the rest of the day.
2) Do not eat or drink anything eight hours before your scheduled surgery. The only exception is to take medications as directed by Dr. Peet.
3) Brush and floss your teeth before your surgical appointment.
4) Do not drink alcohol or take any non-prescription drugs 24 hours before surgery. Alcohol and drugs can interact with medication given to you in our office. Please notify us before surgery if you have prescribed medications that have not been discussed at your consultation visit.
5) Please wear a comfortable, short and loose sleeved shirt. Do not wear boots, pantyhose, or high-heeled shoes. If you wear contacts, please leave them at home since you should not wear them during surgery.
Do not wear lipstick, nail polish on left index finger, or dangling earrings.
6) If you have pre-operative medications prescribed by Dr. Peet, take them with a small sip of water. If you take routine oral medications, or are DIABETIC, please check with Dr. Peet for instructions.
7) Time for your appointment has been reserved especially for you. If illness should prohibit you from keeping your appointment, it is imperative that you contact us at least 24 hours before your appointment.